I'm am undergraduate student looking to expand my experience in the computer software or IT fields. I value well-roundedness, as it helps me approach problems with a dynamic and open mindset. Communicating with others is easy for me, and I never have problems approaching or working with unfamiliar people on unfamiliar subjects. In my spare time, I am a builder and a tinkerer, and love to express myself through music and worship.
June 2017 - August 2017
Software Engineering Intern, Facebook - Menlo Park, CA
- Implemented new Groups features in the Facebook for Android app that were shipped to millions of users
- Collaborated closely with other engineers, designers, and managers across platforms and teams
- Handled code and data at a massive scale while optimizing for great user experience
June 2016 - August 2016
Systems Delivery Intern, Booz Allen Hamilton - Norfolk, VA
- Enhanced medical simulation mannequins using contextually triggered holographic augmented reality elements
- Implemented Laerdal Medical plugin and Microsoft HoloLens app in Unity and C# to create a user-friendly application
- Consulted with Eastern Virginia Medical School and other subject matter experts while collaborating with four teammates
- Presented project to judging panels of senior employees and reached final round of 10 teams out of a competition of 61
September 2016 - Present
Teaching Assistant, Williams College Computer Science Department - Williams College
- Assisted professors in CSCI 136 Data Structures & Advanced Programming, CSCI 334 Programming Languages, CSCI 375 NLP
- Held weekly office hours to review course concepts and offer guidance on homework problems
- Reviewed code for 20-30 students and graded programming assignments
January 2016 - Present
Technical Director, WCFM Radio - Williams College
- Oversaw all technical operations and equipment serving 75+ DJs
- Prepared technical documentation for FCC regulations and station recordkeeping
- Implemented a creative Python solution to automatically digitally archive and organize broadcasted content
September 2014 - Present
Student Technological Consultant, Willams College Office of Information Technology - Williams College
June 2015 - August 2015
Programming and Robotics Counselor, TIC Summer Camp - Washington, D.C.
June 2013 - August 2013
Founder and Business Manager, LifeLights - Virginia Beach, VA
Camel: Contextually Augmented Medical Education Layer
- A software suite consisting of a Microsoft HoloLens application and a C# plugin for Laerdal Learning Application
- Implemented a custom TCP socket communication protocol for devices to communicate in real time over local network
- A Python script to automatically capture audio broadcasted from the WCFM radio station using the PyAudio library
- Audio is organized and stored in an accessible format and continually cleaned up to maintain storage space.
Wave Assembly Language Emulator
- An interpreter for an x86- like CISC assembly language written using an ARM-like RISC assembly language.
- Optimized using control flow design techniques and programmable logic arrays.
- A graph-theory-minded analysis of the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" parlor game using the Internet Movie Database.
- Implemented with parallel processing and other optimized traversal algorithms in C++.
- A Python script that converts ChordPro files (especially from WorshipTogether.com) to a readable plaintext format.
- Can transpose to one or more new keys.
- Point-of-sale software for small retail businesses to record and access merchandise inventory and sales records.
- Implemented in Java with a Swing GUI.